Transferring the Total to new worksheet by Month

KevyK

Ok..I have 10 rows and 31 columns(represents a month), each column is totalled as is each row. I would like the total at the end of the month(last column)to be transfered to wksheet 2 to the corresponding months column.
How does it know what month and how can the data remain when entering the next months data.

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
There are a lot of ways to do what you want but I think the easiest is to use Paste Special. On the data you want to copy right click your mouse and chose Copy. Now on the sheet you want to copy to place the mouse pointer in the cell where you want the data.Again right click the mouse and chose Paste Special. On the lower left of the popup window chose Paste Link. Now the data from sheet one will appear on sheet two.....

Denny

Upvote 0
If you will be reusing the first worksheet for the next month, then you don't want to paste link because the values on the second worksheet will change when you change the values on the first worksheet. If you want to preserve the old numbers, then you should probably do a paste special - values.

Upvote 0
If you retain each month in the spreadsheet,
you can name the total amount for each month and use a formual in the summary sheet such as the following:

For January (month 1) =Total1
February(month 2) =Total2

or you can ignore the Total and sum all the detail (I named the sheets 1, 2, etc)

January =SUM('1'!A1:AE1)
February =SUM('2'!A1:AE1)

If you do not keep all the sheets in the spreadsheet, use Edit Copy and Edit Paste Special Values.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spamiki

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back