Can you help test our Excel test?

jgrob3

We recently completed an online Excel test that people can take then post the results to Facebook so if you're an Excel expert and have 5 min to spare, we'd love to get your input on the questions and format to help make it better.

If you can help, we'd really appreciate it ... plus you can let your Facebook friends know how great you are at Excel!

http://www.accessanalytic.com.au/services_excel_test.php

Cheers

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Straight to the top of the class for Domski ;)

Only comments would be it's a little short, and with Q8..

The correct answer being that both sorting and specifying an exact match would work but in the explanation you say:

The preferred solution to this problem is to simply sort the Employee ID column so it is in numerical order.

If you are intending to use VLOOKUP to find an exact match then surely specifying this in the formula is preferable. Just my opinion.

Pretty good little test though.

Dom

Upvote 0
I liked it as well, but ended up with a 90%. I hadn't realized the subtotal function worked the way it did in Q3 or Q4 whichever one it was. I learned something from the test. :)

Upvote 0
Using XL 07, I can not find the word 'Calculate' in the status bar, even after changing formulas to manual. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot...

Upvote 0
Using XL 07, I can not find the word 'Calculate' in the status bar, even after changing formulas to manual. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot...
Also it is in the bottom left side to the right of Ready and to the left of the record macro button. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back