Calculation

Tuberockin

Hi guys,

Does anyone know how I can limit the calculation of a workbook to a single worksheet?

The problem is, I have quite a large workbook and only one part of one worksheet, which is a reference to time, changes each time the sheet is opened. Still it takes a good 45 seconds to finish the calculation, which becomes very frustrating.

No probs as far as speed or memory of computer goes. Both are more than sufficient.

Any suggestions?

Thankyou in advance

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
My apologies.

I just looked a few pages back and saw a very familiar question. Should have looked back first.

Sorry guys.

Upvote 0
Hi Tuberockin

You may or may not take my advise, but i advise strongly against putting any spreadsheet into manual calculation mode as it's thwart with potetioal errors!

Any spreasheet that requires being run in manual is most likely be designed incorrectly.

Consider replacing any array formuals (the worst culprit) with the Database function, and/or Pivot Tables. Restrict the use of any Custom Functions (UDF's). Restrict the range that any formulas reference to their needed range only. Dynamic named ranges are ideal for this: http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/DynamicRanges.htm If you have many volatile funnctions (eg TODAY(), NOW() etc) consider placing them in one cell and referencing that cell as needed.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Faxgirl

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back