Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Calculation

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys,

Does anyone know how I can limit the calculation of a workbook to a single worksheet?

The problem is, I have quite a large workbook and only one part of one worksheet, which is a reference to time, changes each time the sheet is opened. Still it takes a good 45 seconds to finish the calculation, which becomes very frustrating.

No probs as far as speed or memory of computer goes. Both are more than sufficient.

Any suggestions?

Thankyou in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My apologies.

I just looked a few pages back and saw a very familiar question. Should have looked back first.

Sorry guys.

Rest in Peace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Tuberockin

You may or may not take my advise, but i advise strongly against putting any spreadsheet into manual calculation mode as it's thwart with potetioal errors!

Any spreasheet that requires being run in manual is most likely be designed incorrectly.

Consider replacing any array formuals (the worst culprit) with the Database function, and/or Pivot Tables. Restrict the use of any Custom Functions (UDF's). Restrict the range that any formulas reference to their needed range only. Dynamic named ranges are ideal for this: http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/DynamicRanges.htm If you have many volatile funnctions (eg TODAY(), NOW() etc) consider placing them in one cell and referencing that cell as needed.

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others