Create a 3D stacked graph?

Shane

Board Regular
Hi there. I'm trying to create a stacked graph for each of the 12 months of 2002 with data for the corresponding months of 2001 stacked in the background, i.e. 2002 monthly sales revenues by product with the 2001 monthly figures in the background.

Although Excel will allow me create stacked graphs and, separately, will allow me create a 3D graph comparing data across categories and across series, it will not allow me - as far as I know - do both in one graph.

If you have any idea how I may be able to do this, I'd be grateful!

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
On 2002-04-09 04:14, Shane wrote:
Hi there. I'm trying to create a stacked graph for each of the 12 months of 2002 with data for the corresponding months of 2001 stacked in the background, i.e. 2002 monthly sales revenues by product with the 2001 monthly figures in the background.

Although Excel will allow me create stacked graphs and, separately, will allow me create a 3D graph comparing data across categories and across series, it will not allow me - as far as I know - do both in one graph.

If you have any idea how I may be able to do this, I'd be grateful!

Shane, This has been asked many times and I haven't seen it answered yet (may have missed it though). My thoughts are that a stacked graph is exactly that, otherwise it wouldn't be called a Stacked Graph. I hope somebody can prove otherwise.

Sam

Upvote 0
Thanks Sam. Is it then the case that Excel will only allow such graphical foreground-background comparisons with the most basic sets of data? i.e. compare the 2002 monthly values for one product with the corresponding months in 2001?

Upvote 0
Shane, I have been able to get around such limitations by using a second Y axis and setting the gap width of Y1 axis to 150 and Y2 axis to 300. But this only works for columns and not Stacked charts for which I have a need. Most times this question has been raised there hasn't been a response so I think it can't be done.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back