Excel 2007 save as dbf4 (dbfIV)

bolo

Right i have been forced to upgraded to Excel 2007 and i don't like it. It seems slower and the new menu bar isn't very helpful, especially with macros. But the thing that really gets me wound up is the fact that i now cannot save as a dfb file!!!! I do a fair bit of work in ArcGIS and so i have written macros to output dbf files for GIS work. But now i can't do it! anyone know of any simple code that would allow me to save as a dbf. and i know its quite late, but how can i complain to micro$oft? Its not as if the dbf save as function was causing anyone grief in the first place. This upgrade is seriously pi$$ing me off!

I tried searching but nothing came up, so apologies if it is a repeat thread.

Stupid Micro$oft... Rubbish!

Thanks ANdrew that worked!!!!! I have no idea why my version didn't work. I suspect it was because i was referencing a access 03 database (mdb file) as opposed to a 07 one. However how was i supposed to know that! anyway you time and effort are much appreciated....

Hi i have another problem with this.

The outputted dbf files has made converted the columns into the largest available datatype.

eg 255 length text strings, double precision for numbers that were previously integers. how can i fix the number outputs to be integers.

eg a 1 in excel becomes 1.00000000000000000 in the dbf which is causing speed issues for my further work.

Thanks

Bolo

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
I think that's an Access issue. It's documented here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891775

but you won't be able to use the workarounds in Excel 2007.

OK thanks andrew. I was wondering if i code use code after the "doCmd.transfertext command to change the data types to the ones i want and then save the dbf. I tried it manually and it saved the dbf correctly.

Interestingly Microsoft suggest using EXcel to solve the problem. Even though you cannot save to dbf anymore!!!!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back