Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sheet1.Unprotect does not work in xl 97? (Sorry, I still nee

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to bring this one up again, but I'm still having problems. Two problems actually, I have a checkbox and a combobox that should unprotect the sheet. For the checkbox it's in the the click event and for the combobox it's in the change event. Once again, I wrote this code in xl2k, everything works ok, when trying to run it in xl97, I get a run-time error. Please help...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know the answer, but my advice on this (probably for future use) is that you should create the app in XL97. Through MS's wonderous ability at backwards compatability you shouldn't have to tweak the code to get it to work in XL2000.

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys

juts to add scrits in ever version are different, unprotect springs to mind but also the way the line build effect sthe running, im KN (Knoledge base) this exact problems as i find them and others tell me ill post next week KB so far, be careful they all grumple with each other regardless what anyone tells you.. else why do you have a problema nd so many post re this topic.

My view is to make 2 versions V97 V2k VXP .. just to advise XP is a pig and office XP is horrid,, have many bugs and has 70mb fix pack already. Windows is soon to have 350mb fix pack so thats some ideas..

HTH

Free Excel based Web Toolbar available here.

Jack in the UK
    J & R Excel Solutions
    "making Excel work for you"

Some videos you may like

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others