Sheet1.Unprotect does not work in xl 97? (Sorry, I still nee

charlie79

Board Regular
I created an excel app in xl2k. I used sheet protection throughout my vba code, without problems. Then going to xl 97 I find that the unprotect and protect method of sheets does not work. I am getting a Method 'Protect' of object '_Worksheet' failed runtime error.

Sheet1.Protect or Sheet1.Unprotect

?????
This message was edited by charlie79 on 2002-04-09 06:21
This message was edited by charlie79 on 2002-04-09 07:39

Sorry to bring this one up again, but I'm still having problems. Two problems actually, I have a checkbox and a combobox that should unprotect the sheet. For the checkbox it's in the the click event and for the combobox it's in the change event. Once again, I wrote this code in xl2k, everything works ok, when trying to run it in xl97, I get a run-time error. Please help...

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
I don't know the answer, but my advice on this (probably for future use) is that you should create the app in XL97. Through MS's wonderous ability at backwards compatability you shouldn't have to tweak the code to get it to work in XL2000.

Upvote 0
Hi guys

juts to add scrits in ever version are different, unprotect springs to mind but also the way the line build effect sthe running, im KN (Knoledge base) this exact problems as i find them and others tell me ill post next week KB so far, be careful they all grumple with each other regardless what anyone tells you.. else why do you have a problema nd so many post re this topic.

My view is to make 2 versions V97 V2k VXP .. just to advise XP is a pig and office XP is horrid,, have many bugs and has 70mb fix pack already. Windows is soon to have 350mb fix pack so thats some ideas..

HTH

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
richa mishra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back