Is OzGrid the same as MrExcel?

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
The problem with cross posting is this: you may post an interesting query, which I might spend some serious time trying to solve for you. At the same time, someone else somewhere else is doing the same thing. It results in either a waste of my time, or theirs. Post to one board; if not satisfied, then go to another (and perhaps close your original thread as you go.)

And, no, Oz and MrExcel are not the same, except in intent.

Upvote 0
I have enough confidence in my skills to allow somebody else to compete with me.

If they have a superior technique, I want to learn from that person.

If they have the same technique, that is good to know, also.

Sounds like an ego problem, more than anything else.

Upvote 0
Steve, you have misunderstood me. It isn't about competition, nor ego. It is about helping the most people possible given a finite amount of time. By definition, duplication of effort defeats that purpose.

Upvote 0
I take it you would only agree to be an exclusive consultant? How many companies would be scared away by someone who says "Don't ask anyone else, I know it all."?

Upvote 0
As for myself, I don't see anything wrong in cross-posting. I have this cute little organdy chiffon strapless dress......ooops! - that was cross-posting, wasn't it? :oops: :devilish: :LOL:

Upvote 0
TsTom said:
exclusive consultant?
Do you consult for free, Steve?

Tom

Kind of what any of us does, when we respond to a thread, isn't it?

The point I was trying to make is I don't mind answering a question posted on multiple boards. Excel - Excel VBA is a pretty broad subject. I don't expect everyone to have the identical solution to a problem, and I am happy to see various proposals. If offense is taken to "duplicate" posts across different boards, that sounds like an ego problem.

Many years ago, I was talked into attending a multi-level marketing presentation. For some reason, one topic was dealing with stress. The proposed remedy? "We have no right to expect anything." So many times we hear "I have a right to be mad about......". Which is a great way to stress yourself.

If somebody posts the same issue on multiple boards, what "right" do I have to be offended? Humility is a great way to avoid stress.

Upvote 0
stevebausch said:
I take it you would only agree to be an exclusive consultant? How many companies would be scared away by someone who says "Don't ask anyone else, I know it all."?

Steve -

First, this question *should* have been posted to the Questions About this Board forum, not this one. Second, I am not a consultant in any sense of the word, but merely a volunteer. Third, I respond to posts from individuals, some of whom may or may not work for companies.

In closing, because I do not think I will return to this thread, I suggest you re-read my prior posts. In neither did I refer to exclusivity; I only pointed out that, with a finite amount of time to be donated duplication of effort was not a great idea.

Upvote 0
Stevebausch :
I too put considerable "volunteer" time in attempting to help people on this board. In fact I sometimes work hours on a solution for someone. Due to limited time and resources I would prefer to help those that have a real need and interest in the solutions, I'm attempting to provide.

I respect your freedom to post in as many places as you want , hopefully you will learn much.
I also hope you will respect my wishes to avoid spending time on attempting to help you in any of your posts. This is nothing personal , I would just rather spend my finite resources helping OP's that have a sincere need .

HOWEVER : On a more personal note I would like to say I don't appreciate your lack of understanding for my fellow "volunteers" on this board. I resent your un-informed assumptions of their motives and personalities. They do not deserve your attitude . Good-night Sir :eek:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back