Making My Macros Stick.

Mr Nick

Board Regular
How do I ensure that when I do a 'Save As' on my worksheet, all the associated macros will be bound with it?

At the moment, every time I 'Save As' and then press a tool button to activate one of my macros, I get either an error message staing that the path cannot be found or the original worksheet opens and the macro is executed on the original copy.

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Well then the macro is still looking for the original workbook. Do you want the toolbar button to open up a workbook and then run the macro or is the workbook already open?

Upvote 0
Well then the macro is still looking for the original workbook. Do you want the toolbar button to open up a workbook and then run the macro or is the workbook already open?

The toolbar button is to activate administrator options within this workbook. The toolbar is only loaded when this workbook (or any saved instances) are opened. The toolbar is then disabled when the workbook is closed.

Upvote 0
Sounds like the macro buttons are still pointing to the original workbook. Check to see the path...right click on a toolbar, goto customize, then activate the actual toolbar by clicking on it, then right click the buttons in question, goto assign macro, and check the path, delete the file path and just leave the macro name.

Upvote 0
Sounds like the macro buttons are still pointing to the original workbook. Check to see the path...right click on a toolbar, goto customize, then activate the actual toolbar by clicking on it, then right click the buttons in question, goto assign macro, and check the path, delete the file path and just leave the macro name.

I keep doing this, but every time I do a 'Save As' the paths don't go with the sheet. It's beginning to get my goat having to keep reassigning the macro commands.

Upvote 0
Hi Nick

Are you just disabling the Toolbar or Deleting it? If the Toolbar IS attached to the Workbook it may need to be Deleted on Closing. This is a better way alround for attached toolbars.

Upvote 0
I'm just disabling them at the moment. I'll change it to delete and see how that works.

Cheers.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back