Randomly saving a copy of a file in 'my documents'

cmhoz

Hi All -

I have a strange question here... not actually sure if the cause of the problem is Excel or Windows - but I figure if I ask the Excel gurus and you don't know then it might be a Windows thing!!

I have a 'Summary' file that opens each file in a given folder, checks it for some info, saves the file (just a straight save) and then closes it.

This does exactly as it is supposed to on 50+ computers. BUT - one person is having the following thing happen:

When she runs the update in her Summary file, it does open each file in the correct folder, does everything it is supposed to, saves the file and closes it. BUT - it is also doing a SAVE AS and creating a copy of the file in her My Documents folder. This is NOT in the VBA code anywhere - there is no SAVE AS code, no COPY or MOVE code, nothing that would seem to be causing this behaviour.

Has anyone seen such a thing? Could this be a corruption in the Excel code somehow??

Thanks!!

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
So you're saying that the save and close is only like this (with wkBk referring to a workbook object)?

Code:
wkBk.close True

...how do you know that the code is saving the file? Maybe the user is saving it in the documents folder?

Upvote 0
It just says...

wbData.save
wbData.close

I originally assumed that she was moving them or touching things she should be, but I watched it happen... I deleted the files from the My Documents folder. Clicked the 'update' button in the Summary file, and all the files re-appeared in the My Documents folder.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back