General printring question

Von Pookie

MrExcel MVP
Why is it that sometimes I have a sheet that I print which is set to be centered in the page, no extra rows in the print area, etc., but still prints out closer to one side than the other?

I had to use "fit to 1 page" and the right and left margins are exactly the same.

Has anyone else ever had this happen?

Thanks,

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer
This message was edited by Von Pookie on 2002-04-09 11:19

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
Meeeeeeeoeoeowww !

Have you looked at "centre horizontally / vetrically" in print setup ?

also, and this is a real pain, you may need to look at your printhead alignements within the printer setup from the start menu (I'd advise against it though as it deals in milli-microns of an inch)

Upvote 0
Hi Chris!
cat.gif

I have the sheet checked for center horizontally (which is one of the main reasons of why it's really buggering me that it's not working).

I also have checked the print area and the page break preview to make sure there weren't any extra rows off to the side, but no. Starts at A1, with nothing off to the left that would be pushing it over, far as I can see.

I've managed to fix it on some other sheets before, but can't remember what I did. I assume it was a fluke that I even got it.

Thanks! :biggrin:
Kristy

Upvote 0
  • The left and right margins are both set at 0.5
  • The "center horizontally" box is checked
  • Fit to one page is checked
  • There are no extra rows hiding in the print area
  • Print preview shows it centered like it should come out as
  • When printed, it comes out with at least 1 inch from the left side of the page to the left side of the chart; not centered on the page.

Ugh.

Thanks,

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer
This message was edited by Von Pookie on 2002-04-11 07:28

Upvote 0
I have had this occur when the paper size is set for Letter and not A4. Try changing your print settings and see if this works.

Good luck
Murray

Upvote 0
also, and this is a real pain, you may need to look at your printhead alignements within the printer setup from the start menu (I'd advise against it though as it deals in milli-microns of an inch)

so did you ?!

Upvote 0
Does there not being a drop down choose US letter or US legal, again this i thinks is DSP not oem software in 97 2000, xp im on now horrid it is..

also i suggest drivers, check latest and remove and renew if network drivers to spool print bent the IT managers arm

Ill be very blunt proove him his network stinks them he sort it out IT staff (hey in IT but work in Fianace) dont like being proved wrong they will listen and do ZERO not they they cant or wont but they see it as you not them, i love my IT staff, i pray soon ill joint them.

re load and set as default settings then print and select US .. as needed.. that will do it im sure..

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back