Finding and removing links

ad5184

I need to find out how to find links within my sheets and erase them. So far I have had no luck at actually finding the data that is linked.

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
hiya,

Things to check:

1. Did the file not have links earlier, then possibly after copying have the links? Might be phantom links. If not move to (2), otherwise do an editlinkschange source and select the file itself.

2. Formulation in your sheets. An easy way to search is to go to Tools-Options-View and check "view formulas" so you can scan for links. If you only have that one file open, links really stand out (instead of ='[Book1]Sheet1!A1 you'd see 'C:My Documents...!A1).

3. Do you have any named ranges? Check InsertNameDefine - you may have named ranges that have source data to another file. you can tweak the source data or delete the offending named range from there.

4. Any Charts? Check each data series in your charts to see references to other files.

Good luck,
Adam

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DannyC96

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back