Macro 2 change another macro. Possible?

Mat Key

Hi All,

I have a macro that goes through and makes changes to reports that have already been run, so I dont have to roll back each report and then export large chunks of data from filemaker again.

The current macro opens up each one of the 600 odd reports and makes cosmetic changes based on managements constantly changing ideas of what they want to see (AAAARRRGGHHH!!!).

I have a combo box on the first page that allows a user to select either month to date figures and percentages, or last days figures or percentages.

I now want to change this so the user also has an option to see any day from the last month. I have acheived this by using auto filters (easy part), but I also need to change a couple of lines of the exisiting macro,

Is it possible to have a macro change the contents of another macro in another workbook?

If not, I will make up another template that does what I want, and make the macro open up each report and copy the data over into the new template and save it as the old file name and trash the other.

Any help would be great!

Mat

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AirOliver

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back