Sum of Unique Values

ollieotis

Hello,

I have a worksheet that has multiple projects assigned to multiple individuals, with overlap between those individuals, and associated sales dollars per project. All of those projects then roll-up to one individual. I'd like to create a sum formula of sorts to total the projects without duplicating those that are listed twice. Here's roughly how it's set-up:

ABC01234 $1,000
DEF01234 $3,000
FDG01234 $4,000
Total John Smith $8,000

ABC01234 $1,000
XYZ56789 $5,000
ANO01234 $3,000
Total Jane Smith $9,000

Total Top Dog $16,000 (Excl ABC01234 duplicate)

I'm using a reporting system that is based off of excel 2003, and trying to create a report I can run on a batch type basis which won't require me to do anything offline. I believe this limits me to using some sort of a function for my total vs advanced filters or pivot tables to get an answer I need. Of course, I've always found new methods just by asking the question on this forum...

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Hello,

I have a worksheet that has multiple projects assigned to multiple individuals, with overlap between those individuals, and associated sales dollars per project. All of those projects then roll-up to one individual. I'd like to create a sum formula of sorts to total the projects without duplicating those that are listed twice. Here's roughly how it's set-up:

ABC01234 $1,000
DEF01234 $3,000
FDG01234 $4,000
Total John Smith $8,000

ABC01234 $1,000
XYZ56789 $5,000
ANO01234 $3,000
Total Jane Smith $9,000

Total Top Dog $16,000 (Excl ABC01234 duplicate)

I'm using a reporting system that is based off of excel 2003, and trying to create a report I can run on a batch type basis which won't require me to do anything offline. I believe this limits me to using some sort of a function for my total vs advanced filters or pivot tables to get an answer I need. Of course, I've always found new methods just by asking the question on this forum...

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Control+shift+enter, not just enter...
Code:
=SUM(
   IF(1-ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Total",A2:A10)),
   IF(B2:B10,
     B2:B10/COUNTIF(A2:A10,A2:A10))))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adamsxl

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back