Corresponding cell to highlight inaccordance with another cells result

Nvablejrg

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
<TABLE style="WIDTH: 353pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=469 border=0><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 56pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2706" width=74><COL style="WIDTH: 62pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2998" width=82><COL style="WIDTH: 52pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2523" width=69><COL style="WIDTH: 18pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 877" width=24><COL style="WIDTH: 38pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1828" width=50><COL style="WIDTH: 80pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3913" width=107><COL style="WIDTH: 47pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2304" width=63><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 30.75pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=41><TD class=xl64 dir=ltr style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 56pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 30.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: green" width=74 height=41>GREEN</TD><TD class=xl65 dir=ltr style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 62pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: yellow" width=82>AMBER</TD><TD class=xl66 dir=ltr style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 52pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: red" width=69>RED</TD><TD class=xl68 dir=ltr style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 18pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=24></TD><TD class=xl68 dir=ltr style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 38pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=50>

AUTH

</TD><TD class=xl68 dir=ltr style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 80pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=107>
CURRENT TOTAL

</TD><TD class=xl69 dir=ltr style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 47pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=63>
PCNT TTL

</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD class=xl63 dir=ltr style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 56pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 15pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=74 height=20>> or = to 90%</TD><TD class=xl63 dir=ltr style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 62pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=82>89%-80%</TD><TD class=xl63 dir=ltr style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 52pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=69><80%</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>160</TD><TD class=xl68 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">122</TD><TD class=xl67 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>76%</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I have a worksheet that has "AUTH", "CURRENT TOTAL", & "PCNT TTL" as titles. They are in the same row as the cells under the GREEN, AMBER, RED titles. If I have the "AUTH" and "CURRENT TOTAL" and divide to get the percentage, I want to get the corresponding "Green", "AMBER", and "RED" cells to highlight with the "PCNT TTL" also entered into the cell. The GREEN, AMBER, RED is another worksheet called dashboard.

Thank you anyone for your help!!

Nvable:confused:

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
Hi, this is almost certainly do-able, but I can't quite unravel where exactly all these cells are, and which ones, exactly, you want the colour coding to appear in. Can you clarify please ?

Upvote 0
Sure, thanks for the speedy response.

The PRCNT TTL is 76% therefore it should only show up in the RED column. If PRCNT TTL was 86% it would only showup in the AMBER column, and so on for GREEN. I need the actual digits to display along with a highlight and I would like this to happen on a separate worksheet called DASHBOARD. I almost tried to use the formula that you have as your signature until I read the fine print.

Thank you again

Upvote 0
Hi.

Sorry but that doesn't really help at all with explaining what cells are involved.
So I'm going to guess.

Let's say the source data, i.e. 76%, is in a sheet called SOURCEDATA, in cell E10, in the same workbook.
Let's say that on the DASHBOARD sheet, the cell in the Green column is cell A3.
Put this formula in A3.
Code:
=IF(SOURCEDATA!E10>=0.9,+SOURCEDATA!E10,"")

Put this in B3 (for amber)
Code:
=IF(AND(SOURCEDATA!E10<0.9,SOURCEDATA!E10>=0.8),+SOURCEDATA!E10,"")

and put this in C3 (for red)
Code:
=IF(SOURCEDATA!E10<0.8,+SOURCEDATA!E10,"")

For the colours, use Conditional Formating.
Select cell A3, Format, Conditional Formating, Cell Value Is, Not equal to, =""
and select a green format.

Adapt as required for Amber and Red.

Upvote 0
Solution
You underdstood exactly what I wanted. Thank you so very much for your assistance, the formulas work great. I believe I can adapt to the rest of my Dashboard as required.

Thank you again, case is closed.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
screechyboy79

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back