XP Macro Incompatibility

Matt

Board Regular
Having a few problems running a Excel 97 macro within an XP environment. The macro

Workbooks.Open FileName:= _
"C:TestSL09" & Format(Date, "mmdd") & ".csv"

was created in Xl 97 with NT4 SP6 but when i try to run it in Xl 97 with XP, I get the following error:

Method of Object Workbooks failed

Any ideas?

Thanks

Matt

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
Hi

Im no VBA guru but i can say this XP is supposed to answer all problems it does not, also causes other issues.

I would suggest re write in xp or record the code needed,, you say 97 in xp thats not as supposed to be shpuld match ie XP with XP thats the way Microsoft released these..

There are compatability with XP and 97 VBA, im searching this and some code fail regardless what others say .. object rings bells as does change Directory for some reason, i recall there are a few odd bits..

I hope a guru programmer will edit you code and it will work its not a big issue just a tweak,,,, sorry im not that good with source codes.

Upvote 0
Matt,

Here is the first thing to try:

Run this macro on both the XL97 and XLXP systems:

Sub TestIt()
Msgbox "C:TestSL09" & Format(Date, "mmdd") & ".csv"
End Sub

See if one of them is failing to put the leading zero in the date.

Also - this board is going to put a pair of slashes where I typed just one slash.

Bill

Upvote 0
Bill

Have tried the macros both with the same result, the leading zero appears.

thanks

Matt

Upvote 0
Having tried a few other things, I have found out the problem is opening CSV files that are on the network. The macro code appears to be OK, it will open XLS files quite happily on the network, it will even open CSV files locally but will not open CSV files on the network. Have installed all Excel 97 components, perhaps there is some option that I need to enable. Does anybody have any other ideas?

thanks

Matt

Upvote 0
Hi mate

not much help but some heart, XP im having fum with Win that is and Excel im finding it hard to say Win or Excel to blame.... E97 and Win XP sounds like agro from what i see XP Win reallyneeds to go with Office XP worst Office 2000. why dont know guess made that way, time will help us but for now.. a pain.

I have issues with vba in XP Win + Office from Win 95 and Excel 97

with application

and calculate..

this drives XP mad??? why..

also protection in VBA , seems some code changes, cant see it..

I have issues where If missing for no reasons, and with blocks, and all came down to where i added

end case.. ie before default back to network settigs

user profile, where to save docs, page setup..

??? odd i take time to revert back to default on compleation of VBA, XP hates this ???

little help but , maybe help...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
screechyboy79

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back