Time and date stamp on a worksheet

christal

Can anyone tell me if you can put an automatic time and date stamp on a WORKSHEET only (let's say in a cell on that worksheet). I can't tell weather a particular sheet has been updated, only the file... and then I have to go into properties to find out.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Christal

Thanks!

This is totaly not related to the question but it just bugged me.

This is to you Tom,

Personnaly, I would have stopped after the "Thanks Buddy!" and told this guy to
"F Off!"

To have the nerve to someone like that and then proceed to TELL them try and find you another solution is just ridiculous!

Tom, I would not waste my time with someone that does not appreciate the help or at least the attempt to help.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Why would you want to be rude to someone who is asking for help? Not everyone understands the tearms used by the people on this or any other message board. Tom is always very helpful to the people in need of answers. Maybe you need to rethink your answer and offer help instead of rudeness.......

Denny

Upvote 0
A possible answer could be a date stamp placed in a cell when a new person adds to your worksheet, maybe next to there name.

=if(isblank(a2),"",if(b2="",now(),b2))

Denny

Upvote 0
Sorry to have offended you "neomod". But it was not my intention to be ungrateful of the information received from TsTom.

I was just letting him know I appreciated his information, and wanted to let him know that this particular resolution would not work in my situation (FYI). Simply asking him another way of resolving the problem happens throughout this bulletin board. I am relatively new to Excel, and I thought others may learn from my circumstance.

This is a "Great" web site to come to for people of ALL experience levels!

Cheers to all the contributors!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
81jamesacct

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back