Formulas Do Not Work Automatically

tornadowatch

I have been using excel in XP Pro. Edition for several months. Just recently when I enter new data in the cells, the result does not change. The formula is correct but doesn't work. I can enter the exact same formula back in the cell and it works fine, but will not update when numbers in the cells are changed. What the heck is up with that?

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Hi,

Don't have XP, but make sure your calculation setting is turned to automatic.

Tools>Options>Calculation

If you want to keep it on manual, F9 will recalculate, Ctrl+Alt+F9 will force a full recalculation.

HTH,
Jay

Upvote 0
Thanks, that was easy. But, I never changed it to that and no one else gets on this computer. Is it possible for it just to change like that? I guess anything is possible, thanks again.

Upvote 0
On 2002-04-10 10:04, tornadowatch wrote:
Thanks, that was easy. But, I never changed it to that and no one else gets on this computer. Is it possible for it just to change like that? I guess anything is possible, thanks again.

The 1st workbook opened establishes the Calculation setting for all subsequently opened workbooks. Is it possible that you opened someone else's workbook that was previously saved with Calculation set to Manual?
This message was edited by Mark W. on 2002-04-10 10:08

Upvote 0
Very possible, a shared file on the server perhaps. However, I haven't had this happen before. Something new with XP?

Upvote 0
On 2002-04-10 10:17, tornadowatch wrote:
Very possible, a shared file on the server perhaps. However, I haven't had this happen before. Something new with XP?

Nope, always been that way!

Upvote 0
Think I know the problem. Someone new is entering data in the shared file and must have changed the calculation to manual. He just started a few weeks ago. Shortly after that is when my problem began. Thanks again to everyone for the help.

Upvote 0
On 2002-04-10 10:23, tornadowatch wrote:
Think I know the problem. Someone new is entering data in the shared file and must have changed the calculation to manual. He just started a few weeks ago. Shortly after that is when my problem began. Thanks again to everyone for the help.

Sure, blame the new guy! :LOL:

Upvote 0
I already Set the calculation to Automatic, but the cell does not changed. But if I press Ctrl+Alt+F9, the cell works. Could you please to help me?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back