Excel is defaulting to paste values

cmhoz

Hi All -

Excel decided yesterday that when I click 'paste' it would paste values - always- unless I paste special formulas or all.

I was hoping this was an "Excel is tired" issue - so I shut down for the night. However, this morning... it's still doing it.

I'm not aware of being able to change the default paste method ?? Is there a setting someplace that I've accidentially changed, or is Excel simply possessed?

Thanks!!

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
Sounds odd - off the top of my head I can't think of any native settings to do this. Of course one could write some code to overload commandbarbutton or shortcut key behaviour?

Upvote 0
I know - crazy to post to a six year old thread. Still someone else might get here via Google like I did.
I had the same problem today, MS Excel 2007 pasting values when using CTRL+v. I had used the cmd NET SHARE v:/D or similar to remove mapped drives in the morning, then noticed the odd behaviour later in the day.
Performed a system restore to yesterday and problem solved. Thanks to previous poster for the hint.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back