Out of Memory - Not enough memory to continue

Kevin Mac

Hey folks, I am running into a real headache in Excel 2000, I am on Windows 2000 across a WINNT network. I am trying to copy and paste 24 columns of data with 500 rows of related data from one workbook to another. The file size of the target file is 1.26MB and the Source file is 2.27MB. I have a 384MB page file, and 260 MB of Ram. This is on a 1.4mz Pentium 4 client machine. I have installed service pack 2 for Office 2000 due to some related issues, and those have been resolved. Any suggestions guys???

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
Could it be that you have found the limitation of the clipboard? If I remember correctly the clipboard is limited to 65,000 bytes, same as notepad. You will get that error in notepad if the file you are attempting to paste to is too large. Maybe try pasting 100 rows at a time and see if that works.

Rick

Upvote 0
This doesn't sound like enough to be a clipboard issue. I ran into a problem this week while trying to copy a worksheet that had over 1 million cells. There is a documented Excel 2000 bug when trying to copy a worksheet with 1 million + cells - that gives a "Disk Full" error.

Upvote 0
Hi

JUST TO ADD TO THAT MrExcel is correct but i beleave it only if so many cells contain data

Tghat is if you celect all in a fairly light sheet and copy to another should be OK, but if 1 million cells used problem arised.

Rdgs
==========
Jack

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alrossman

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back