problem with dates

Craig AS

Hey,
I have three combo boxes with the 1st containg the day, and the second containing the month and the third containing the year.
The problem is that i must copy and paste the date to a seperate data base, however it is not possible to copy the date straight from the combo box. so i have made a link to a seperate cell, but i am unable to concatenate these three into one cell and format it as a date. The date setup that i want iss dd/mm/yyyy. Any help would be good.
Thanx
Craig

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
If you send me your email address I'll send you a little calendar that I made for a userform, which is quite cool. It does exactly what you want it to do

Upvote 0
I've sent it, if you need to know anything about it, just ask

Audiojoe
Wow, look at us now, flowers in the window

Upvote 0
On 2002-04-11 01:29, Craig AS wrote:
Hey,
I have three combo boxes with the 1st containg the day, and the second containing the month and the third containing the year.
The problem is that i must copy and paste the date to a seperate data base, however it is not possible to copy the date straight from the combo box. so i have made a link to a seperate cell, but i am unable to concatenate these three into one cell and format it as a date. The date setup that i want iss dd/mm/yyyy. Any help would be good.
Thanx
Craig

I see I failed to post or it's just vanished.

Here what I wanted to say.

If you created the comboboxes thru Toolbars|Forms, and your cell links are, say, A1, B1, and C1 and associated input ranges, say, List1, List2, and List3, use:

=DATE(INDEX(List3,C1),INDEX(List2,B1),INDEX(List1,A1))

If A1, B1, and C1 contains the relevant values directly, use (as Ian Mac also noted):

=DATE(C1,B1,A1)

Aladin
This message was edited by Aladin Akyurek on 2002-04-11 02:48

Upvote 0
On 2002-04-11 01:29, Craig AS wrote:
Hey,
Thanx
Craig

chack out the date function:

=date(year,month,day)

if your linked cells are

A1 = Day
A2 = Month
A3 = Year... put:

=date(A3,A2,A1)

and format how you wish.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back