Morefunc release for Excel 2010

cowinsm

Does anyone know when they will release the morefunc add-on for Excel 2010? I tried to ask the question on their website but it is all in a foreign language and could not figure out how to navigate the forum.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
A few of my spreadsheets uses morefunc functions and I am a little worried about upgrading to 2010 until the new morefunc add-on is release. <o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Thanks for your help.<o:p></o:p>

To be more precise, when I open the workbook, XL almost immediately displays a recovery message box saying "Excel has encountered a problem and must close". If I check the "recover my work" checkbox, it just loops forever.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
I am not totally sure what the issue could be. I would suggest uninstalling morefunc and seeing if it works with out the add in. That way you will at least know that morefunc is causing the problem. Also, try opening another XL program without the indirect function. If that works then try running other functions within morefunc to see which function causes the crash.

Upvote 0
Thanks for replying. I've already uninstalled and reinstalled morefunc several times. That didn't change the problem. The sample worksheet supplied with morefunc works OK. The one worksheet that crashes worked under XL 2007 and no longer with XL 2010. It's using only INDIRECT.EXT() function, but extensively. So that gives you the answer to the question about what function causes the problem (sorry I should have said it at first). --Pierre

Upvote 0
Okay. It sounds like you narrowed it down to the indirect.ext function or the workbook. I would open a new workbook and attempt to use the indirect.ext function. If the function crashes Excel then that would tell me it is the indirect.ext function. I would then remove morefunc add in and see if the spreadsheet opens without crashing. If it is indeed morefunc, then the spreadsheet should open when the add in is removed. If it is the indirect.ext function, then you can either wait till the next release, reprogram the indirect.ext function or work on a work around.

If that function works properly in the blank worksheet and does not crash your Excel that would indicate there is something wrong with your workbook. It should also crash when the morefunc add in is removed. That means most likely there are other function in your spread sheet that are causing problems. I would open the spreedsheet in '07 and remove all the VBA and retry open the spreadsheet in '10. Hopefully you would be able to narrow down the VBA causing you the trouble.

Upvote 0
I think I got most answers to your judicious points. Yes the problems lies in inderect.ext function, but also in my workbook.
- I told you the sample workbook supplied with morefunc works okay (and it contains calls to indirect.ext).
- Both workbooks (supplied sample and my crashing workbook) open okay when morefunc is uninstalled.
I guess the only thing I can do is to reprogram the workbook starting from a fresh empty workbook and see when it crashes (if ever), ... or wait for the next release.
Thanks for your help anyway (unless you have more suggestions)
--Pierre
BTW: I don't have '07 avalaible anymore...!

Upvote 0
Hello!
I managed to solve it and it now works. Actually, the workbook was using INDIRECT.EXT() and MOYPOND() (weighted average) functions.
I created a blank workbook from scratch and redesigned it all. It's still using the same functions and works now perfectly.
The only difference I can notice is that I supply a slightly different first argument to INDIRECT.EXT().
The crashing workbook uses =INDIRECT.EXT('fullpath\workbook.xls!name';FALSE), the working one uses =INDIRECT.EXT('fullpath\[workbook.xls]sheet!name';FALSE). I don't know is someone sees the problem.
Thank!
--Pierre

Upvote 0
I have just carried out Colin's instructions on my 64 bit Windows 7 machine, and it is all working OK again.

I found my machine had it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Morefunc.

Thank you very much Colin.(y)

Best regards

Philip

Upvote 0
Reopening the worksheet more than one month later to update it, I find that the cells do not recalculate unless I edit their content (press F2 and enter, no change to cell contents). F9 or Shift-F9 produce nothing !
Another mystery ?
--Pierre

Upvote 0
pdecrocq,

=INDIRECT.EXT('fullpath\workbook.xls!name';FALSE)
this is wrong because you are missing [] around the excel file name.

You should be using "" as well. See below.
=INDIRECT.EXT("'fullpath\[workbook.xls]!sheet1'a1;FALSE")
this is non-volatile, therefore you must use Ctrl-Alt-F9 to update your cells.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skydd

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back