Print a table of range names in excel

dcoons

Board Regular
I can't seem to figure out how to get excel to list all the range names that have been defined in the spreadsheet. I don't want to look thru the "name manager", I want to print out a list--in previous versions excel would publish the names and references to a specified location, which could then be printed. Still possible? Where's it buried?
Thanks!

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
Which version of Excel are you using?

In older versions going to Insert>Name>Paste... and clicking Paste List would give you a list of named ranges.

I've just checked the Excel 2007 object model and it still has the ListNames method which is how you would do the above in code.

So I presume you must be able to do it manually as well.:)

Upvote 0
2007. Which I find occasionally more than frustrating. I did finally find the command. It's not on the ribbon, but doesn't show up in the "commands not on ribbon" list for the quick access bar (which it should, since it's not there!). Nor does it show up in the "popular commands" list. It does, however show up as "Paste Names" in the All list. So it appears the only way to manually do it is add it to your quick access bar.

Why bill gates let those fools totally rearrange a perfectly good menu system is beyond me. I spend half my time trying to find things.

Upvote 0
I tried 2007 once, and I mean once.:)

Upvote 0
Probably too late but maybe someone else will need it. In Excel 2007 "Paste Names" is found under the formula tab. Follow this map: Formulas > Defined Names > Use in Formula > Paste Names (then select an individual name or Paste List for ALL.

Upvote 0
In 2003 this command would produce a list of ALL defined names in the workbook.

When I use this command in 2007, I only get those names that have a workbook scope and not those with a specific sheet scope.

Anyone know how to get a list of ALL defined names dumped into a sheet?

Upvote 0
Try this. Go to a blank sheet or area. Press F3. This brings up the Paste Name dialog box. Then click Paste Link. Then say, "Cool..."

Upvote 0
DaveOno

That still only lists Names with a Workbook scope, and any names with a scope matching the sheet onto which you paste the list. It won't list any Names with a scope of any other sheet.

.. but this will suit most users who rarely define names with a sheet scope!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back