Vlookup on multiple tables

Dalex

Board Regular
Hello,

I'm attemting to perform a VLOOKUP on multiple tables, but am having challenges. First of all I don't think it is possible to perform a VLOOKUP on multiple tables so I thought it practical to copy the tables's data into one large table, then perform the VLOOKUP from that that one "master table". Unfortunately this does not work UNLESS I put the "master table" in some kind of ascending order. I prefer not to use macros...only formulas.

Here is the code I am currently working with:

=IF((C67>0),VLOOKUP(C67,Entry!$AI$4:AI59,2),"")

Any suggestion will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Dalex

Now i have another question for you and I write you here because I didn't find a thread about my subject.
Is there a formula that can help me copy an entire row to another sheet if a condition(a word or number) on that row is accomplished?
Thank you.

I assume the fomula with VLOOKUPs of which the match type is set to 1 was more to your liking.

For your current question, I trust you can adapt the following to your situation:

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/307832-multiple-vlookups.html#post1511354 (Post #3)

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
Hi there sorry if i am wrong posting this here but i m having a double trouble. Well i need to be able to do this. Lets say i have multiple sheets (of the same workbook) with data. First i need a way to autosort the data by date from most recent to oldest no matter in which row my dates exist in sheet. Then in a different sheet i need to run any kind of look up in all multiple sheets. Now i will try to get more specific. We have 2 sheets with following column data A1:date B1:provider name C1:invoice no D1:product code (number) E1:description F1: quantity G1:total cost H1: cost/unit. So first i need these table data to auto sort from most recently to the oldest. Notice that same product would be purchased multiple times so i need the most recent buy on the top because i need the most recent cost/unit (so i am able to track pricing changes). So here comes any vlook to feed me back with the most recent data available
I have multiple sheets cause each sheet is a different product category(food,drinks,cleaners etc) though each product shall have only one product code and only be placed in one sheet. So i want to look up for a product using its unique product code and get the very last entry of it with all data in the row.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back