Mysterious XLstart File: Help me kill it!!

Dexter

Board Regular
I've been battling this thing for weeks and cannot seem to rid myself of it.

In my XLSTART directory, there is a file named RESULTS.XLS. It contains an auto open macro. Where this file came from, I have no idea. Many of my other files also now contain this auto open macro.

I have tried deleting the file in the XLSTART directory. But every time I open another file that had this auto open macro, the RESULTS.XLS re-appears in my XLSTART directory.

I was hoping someone had an idea on this before I resort to re-installing the program files.

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Dexter:

This is a KNOWN macro virus, several years old. Aren't you running virus protection? Might want to consider it!

You must EXIT Excel and then delete the file and then restart Excel. You should then be fine unless you are still holding a file that contains the virus. You might want to try right-clicking your XLSTART folder, hit properties, and make it read-only for now. That way, if you open the culprit file, you'll get an error when it's auto-open macro runs.

:)

Upvote 0
get a free checker Dr Solomans or mcafee see download.com will be well out of dat but this is french nasty original, and will die easy enough.. then gey full original to replace and scan deep full, them keep weekly update minimun.. i have other kit running VBA script killers and few others...

becareful... prob came via report on floppy i guess... if you want to locate it.. i used to have 3 versions of this you can recover its vba codes sadly, little damage drive you mad thou:

good luck no dramas

Upvote 0
reading again sounds like might be dead as you can read the suto open code?? if so please send to me, not on baord copy and past to me in private no virus will be sent this way..

thank you, rdgs

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
richa mishra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back