Hidden Quotation Marks in Spreadsheet

AidsStar

In order to update a portion of our website we have a file that is exported weekly that contains different pieces of information which people enter into our website that week. I need to take this export, format it a certain way, and then import it to the website in order to update a particular page. My problem is that our web developers gave us very specific guideline on how to format the sheet, and there is one column that needs to have the information surrounded by quotation marks("information”). When I open the file in excel and look at it, it looks as though this column is formatted correctly and surrounded by a single set of quotation marks. However, when I try to upload it, it doesn't work. When I asked the website developers why, they said it was because the column with quotation marks is actually surrounded by two sets of 3 quotation marks ("""information"""). I can't see that those quotation marks are there in excel, but when I copy the info and paste it into word pad, I can see that the additional quotation marks are there. Does anyone know why this is, and what I can do to keep this from happening? Thanks in advance.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
I need to take this export, format it a certain way, and then import it to the website in order to update a particular page.

What steps are you taking as you format the sheet - or what are you doing to the file to "prep" it for uploading?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WORKINGWITHNOLEADER

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back