=countdiff

How_Do_I

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
Any ideas with this one please... I just can't see what it is not counting correctly...

Upvote 0
the thing is, i don't know what COUNTDIFF is. I've never seen it, and my version of excel doesn't have it

Upvote 0
Do you maybe have any spaces in the remainder of the range which aren't in fact entirely blank? I would select all these "blank" cells, and go Edit>Clear>All in them, recaluclate the sheet if necessary (Shift+F9) and see if the result changes.

Upvote 0
Do you maybe have any spaces in the remainder of the range which aren't in fact entirely blank? I would select all these "blank" cells, and go Edit>Clear>All in them, recaluclate the sheet if necessary (Shift+F9) and see if the result changes.

Hi Richard,

If I delete clear all from C14:C28 then A4 will show an 8... But, I can't clear the cells as in the OP Jeanie they contain formulas... So I agree, it is something to do with the "blank" cells in the range...

Upvote 0
Then again, I don't get this...

=COUNTDIFF(Array,Blanks,Exclude)

- Blanks (boolean, optional) : specifies if empty cells must be taken into account (default : FALSE)

I get the same return if I use...

=COUNTDIFF(INDEX(HomeWin,0,B1),FALSE)

=COUNTDIFF(INDEX(HomeWin,0,B1),TRUE)

and

=COUNTDIFF(INDEX(HomeWin,0,B1))

Upvote 0
Try...

=COUNTDIFF(INDEX(HomeWin,0,B4),,"")

LOL Hi Aladin...you are SO annoying at times with your correct answers...!!!

I had tried =COUNTDIFF(INDEX(HomeWin,0,B4),"") but it didn't work...

Your solution has now got the expected return but when I use the formula to extract, it doesn't return in the first cell where I place the formula... I get the right amount of records out because I've applied the formula to 23 cells BUT, the top cell gives no return...

Any idea please?

Upvote 0
LOL Hi Aladin...you are SO annoying at times with your correct answers...!!!

I had tried =COUNTDIFF(INDEX(HomeWin,0,B4),"") but it didn't work...

Your solution has now got the expected return but when I use the formula to extract, it doesn't return in the first cell where I place the formula... I get the right amount of records out because I've applied the formula to 23 cells BUT, the top cell gives no return...

Any idea please?

That's the issue you have with UNIQUEVALUES in your orginal thread, right? If so, I was going to respond to that there...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back