Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Placing Excel Sheets into a Word Document

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a sheet in excel with graphs and text. I want to place this sheet as it appears in excel into a Word document. I want it to take up exactly 1 page in the Word document. In the excel document I need to reduce it to 71% of its normal size for it to print on 1 page. When I paste this into Word it takes up 1 1/2 pages. How can I reduce this in Word? Thanks for your helpQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the word helpfile:
    Prevent a document from flowing onto an additional printed page:

Try to reduce the amount of text that appears on the last page. If only a small amount of text appears on the last page of a short document, you may be able to reduce the number of pages by clicking Shrink to Fit in print preview. This feature works best with documents that contain only a few pages, such as letters and memos. In order to shrink the document, Word decreases the font size of each font used in the document. You can undo a Shrink to Fit operation by clicking Undo Shrink to Fit on the Edit menu. However, after you save the document and close it, there is no quick way to restore the original font size.
    Best regards,
    Allan Chara
    http://www.mrspreadsheets.com

MrExcel MVP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On 2002-04-11 09:48, billwcsi wrote:
    I have a sheet in excel with graphs and text. I want to place this sheet as it appears in excel into a Word document. I want it to take up exactly 1 page in the Word document. In the excel document I need to reduce it to 71% of its normal size for it to print on 1 page. When I paste this into Word it takes up 1 1/2 pages. How can I reduce this in Word? Thanks for your helpQ
    Hi billwcsi:
    If you want to insert part of a worksheet into a Word document, one of the ways is to either embed or link a picture of that part into Word ... steps:
    1)in Excel, hilite the area you want to take a picture of
    2)hold the SHIFT key then EDIT|COPY_PICTURE
    (te picture is now on the clip board)
    3)now for pasting the picture in Word, while holding the SHIFT key EDIT|Paste_Special|Picture

Now as far as sizing the picture to accomodate on one page in Word that is not a problem -- click on the picture, use the handles around the picture to enlarge it, reduce it, make it skinnier, make it fatter (that is changing the aspect ratio) to your liking.
    HTH
    Please post back if it works for you ... otherwise explain a little further and let us take it from there!

Regards!

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.
    Energy Efficient Building Network LLC
    www.energyefficientbuild.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Al. I appreciate your help. I tried that and my document is too large. I expect I'll have to try reducing the excel document and then paste it over and repeat the process.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yogi,

Thanks for the help. It worked perfectly!

Bill

User Tag List

Like this thread? Share it with others

Like this thread? Share it with others