Timesheets

karebear

hello everyone!

I'm trying to create a timesheet that is simple to use by an employee. Employees at this company work overnight shifts, most from 630 pm to 130 am. is there a function i can use or something that will figure out how many hours worked if such information is entered by the employee? how do i go about creating such a thing? and will it also work for regular hours that dont bleed over into the next day? i've been pouring over websites trying to find an answer, but i cant seem to find one. any help would be greatly appreciated!

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
slow, slow, slow, sorry.

With a starting time in A1 and ending time in B1, you could simply use
=B1-A1
This would mean time would have be entered with the date to for those working over midnight. If you just want to enter time, use
=B1+(B1<A1)-A1
this will work for your overnight situation as long you do not have any working over 24 hours.

On 2002-02-22 13:53, karebear wrote:
hello everyone!

I'm trying to create a timesheet that is simple to use by an employee. Employees at this company work overnight shifts, most from 630 pm to 130 am. is there a function i can use or something that will figure out how many hours worked if such information is entered by the employee? how do i go about creating such a thing? and will it also work for regular hours that dont bleed over into the next day? i've been pouring over websites trying to find an answer, but i cant seem to find one. any help would be greatly appreciated!
This message was edited by IML on 2002-02-22 14:07

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back