template

HunterN

Hi!

I have a worksheet that has formulas and data
already in it. I want to make a template out of it, so that the formulas stay and the
data is cleared out. I will then use this
template at the beginning of each fiscal year to create a clean worksheet.

Can you help me with this? Or tell me where to get info on this?

Thanks

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Hi, Ok Open up the worksheet and go to file click on save as and on the on the save as drop down menu under the enter file name on it select template specify the directory you want it in and volia your done if anyother help please ask sorry if this sounds a bit incoherent

Upvote 0
You can save it as a template. File, Save as, and when the save window pops up, change the save file to "template".

To open it go to File, New, and open your template.

I hope this is what you were looking for.

Upvote 0
Hi

Design as required and then save as XXXX.xlt thats the excel extention for template

now re save as theExcelSheet.xls and work on this sheet all formula wil be blank and active in xls as reqd per your design of the xlt.

HTH

Upvote 0
Hi

Design as required and then save as XXXX.xlt thats the excel extention for template

now re save as theExcelSheet.xls and work on this sheet all formula wil be blank and active in xls as reqd per your design of the xlt.

HTH

Upvote 0
Hi

HTH

Upvote 0
Hi

HTH

Upvote 0
I saved it as a template. But when I look at it it stills has the values that were there originally. The problem is if I clear out the cells the formula is cleared out too.

What do I do?

Thanks, HunterN

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kj9

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back