Contract projections help

mike_ate_a_pie

Board Regular
Hi,

I'm trying to build into a spread sheet a function but am really stuck. I have a 3 year monthly projection. In each month a number of contracts occur, eg 1 new contract or 2 new contracts etc.

I need to be able to select a start month and then the flow of new contracts (which has no pattern but doesnt change) will begin at the selected month. I would also like to be able to build in a function where by you can choose the monthly gap between contracts after which the normal pattern resumes.

For example if Sept 10 was selected the pattern would start at this month, before this no new contracts would be shown. Then if i choose a gap of 2 months between contract 4 and contract 5 no new contracts would be shown for the 2 months between the 4th new contract and the 5th new contract and then the normal pattern will resume after the 2 months.

I understand you may need more info/explaination but any help will be awesome!

Thanks,

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
Hi

I suspect your question hasn't been answered because it is difficult to understand or envisage what it is you are trying to do. Are you able to provide a sample of what you want? In case you haven't seen it already, within the FAQs is a section showing how to display your spreadsheet in this forum.

Andrew

Upvote 0
thanks for your reply's guys. However when visiting the Colo Website to download the HTML maker it is coming up as a 404 error, file not found.

Any ideas on what to try now.

Cheers

Upvote 0
Sorry - I wasn't aware the download links on that site were broken. It appears all of the links are broken.

One of our MVPs, Erik, also developed a tool to help display your worksheet. Here is Erik's profile:
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/member.php?u=25109

At the bottom are some links to his add-in called 'Table-it'. There are some size limiations with Erik's add-in so if you only show a portion of the relevant data it should be ok.

Andrew

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back