Special Window Mode

Andy Gee

Is there any way I can force a spreadsheet to open in a window without menus, buttons, status bar, row and column headings etc.?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

On 2002-04-11 14:24, Jack in the UK wrote:
Mark

if directed at me.. hey cool man.. no bother

Nah, not directed at you Jack. Or should I say "Steve"? (I've been PM ing Chris D and he flatly refuses to tell me your "real name"). I know you used to use it before getting stick from people on the old board, so I was trawling that to find out if I could unmask you. :) No success though.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
On 2002-04-11 14:15, Mark O'Brien wrote:
Yeah, the menu bar that's why I said "most" in my original post.

That one you would have to get rid of using VBA, I think.

You could use this code:

<pre>
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
If Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Enabled = True Then
Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Enabled = False
End If
End Sub</pre>

You would put this code in the Workbook object. To do this:

1. Right Click on the XL icon next to "File"
2. Select "View Code"
3. Copy and paste the above code into the window that comes up.

Note: When you save this book and reopen it, you're going to get a macro warning that asks if you'd like to enable or disable macros.

I'm going to pre-empt you now. If you want to know how to get rid of this warning, I'll hunt you down and give you a noogie. (Seriously, do a search on this site for the macro warning question, it's a touchy subject around here).

HTH

Nice one!

Upvote 0
Hey easy... no one will know ever one knows me as this sign in, i got fed up of being abused and sworn at as i can spell and read very well, i have often said i have dread full schooling and so am a product on the hadrd knocks. but i stay as i am, i have used a few names.. thus why i kicked up over annonomouse posts jsut a tag so we can be friendly tahts all i do care so much if nick name..

No you are plas with Chris D and so am i Chris will never tell he has given me his word and thats good enough for me, if it came out i would disapear, as i would get abused again, i have had this hear a few times already.. so you they them are cleaver tyhan me i care not wanna see my emails and priviate ness i get all positave.. so i care not now

I ask littel and give as i can.. Jack is the name of one of my heros, my son take his name other heros name.. he was a friend and a gangster so no im not telling who..

Upvote 0
Jack or whoever, youre a good guy and should never have to put up with abuse from muppets!. You give good advice and always try to help. What's their problem? You are spending you time helping folks so ignore them and feel superior!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cancansova

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back