Special Window Mode

Andy Gee

Is there any way I can force a spreadsheet to open in a window without menus, buttons, status bar, row and column headings etc.?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
You'd have to do it through VBA, unless you want to permanently remove most of those thing. If you're looking to permanently do that then goto Tools|Options and then find the appropriate check boxes to uncheck.

An easy way to make some VBA code for this is to goto Tools|Macros|Record New Macro and then go to Options to get rid of that stuff.

HTH

Upvote 0
HI

! un select any of the stuff you do not want ie standard barm formatting bar,

Tool options gives thinks like scroll bars and so on.

Can be automated via scripts, but my call is when you close that wkbk replace what ever you removed so they are there for other books else you have to re set it all each time.

also caution this will stop other wkbs that are also open from viewing these things ie scroll bar and so on, untill vba is cancelled ie reversed, no selection can be made if the code is correct.... just though that was important point.

Upvote 0
Thanks, very valid points, I added a beforeclose macro to bring the standard things back. But I can't remove the menu, any ideas?

Upvote 0
sorry for the wolrds stuidest question but what menu mide dead, i do not have excel loaded as im testing Windows XP with IE and net access, horible nasty horrid thing yuck!

so i cant see for myself

Upvote 0
Yeah, the menu bar that's why I said "most" in my original post.

That one you would have to get rid of using VBA, I think.

You could use this code:

<pre>
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
If Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Enabled = True Then
Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Enabled = False
End If
End Sub</pre>

You would put this code in the Workbook object. To do this:

1. Right Click on the XL icon next to "File"
2. Select "View Code"
3. Copy and paste the above code into the window that comes up.

Note: When you save this book and reopen it, you're going to get a macro warning that asks if you'd like to enable or disable macros.

I'm going to pre-empt you now. If you want to know how to get rid of this warning, I'll hunt you down and give you a noogie. (Seriously, do a search on this site for the macro warning question, it's a touchy subject around here).

HTH

Upvote 0
I just read one of your posts. Sorry if some of my last answer sounds condescending, you're obviously familiar with VBA. A lot of people that post here aren't. Better safe than sorry though. :biggrin:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back