Cell,

Ralph56

I am setting up a template for ordering material. I want to set a row of cells to accept only one character per cell and have the cursor go to the next cell in the row when keying in a stock number.
This message was edited by Ralph56 on 2002-04-11 14:13

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
Validation works great for the cells to accept only one character per cell. Thanks for tip, and the Excel help screen.

Now, if I could figure out to make the cursor automatically move to the next cell after a character is inserted in the previous cell.

Upvote 0
Hi
Outside of an API function I do not believe you can get a change event out of a cell as you would a textbox on a userform?
Tom

Upvote 0
I don't believe there's any way to have any program move to the next cell until you've told the program the number you've entered is what you want - you do this by htting enter.

If you want to be able to enter 1,2,3,4,5,6 in six horizontally adjacent cells by keying 1,enter,2,enter,3,enter....
go to tools/options/ select 'move selection after enter' and pick a direction - in your case, 'right'

hope this is what you're after

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back