Excel 2007 VBA Function - #NAME? error

ExcelVBA

Hi Everyone,

NewB here. Been doing prety well with VBA in Excel, but have finaly hit a wall. I have created a worksheet that uses several custom defined functions via Alt + F11.

Everything works as I expect.

However, when i send the .xlsm to another person, then get an error in the cell that uses one of my fuctions "#NAME?" .

When I have them hit Alt-F11, they do see all the functions there however. :eek:

-confused

Rob

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Maybe their macro security level has not been established and thereby their computer does not recognize the UDFs

or

it could be the UDF itself if it gets produced by a macro that depends on something you think would or should be happening in their workbook but is not.

I'd look at their security level first, it's the more common culprit.

Upvote 0
Thank you for the response,

This is what I have tried:

1) Accessed the Trust Center in the Excel Options dialog box. Click the Microsoft Office Button
ZA010077102.gif
, and then click Excel Options. In the Trust Center category, click Trust Center Settings, and then click the Macro Settings category.

and then I enabled "Trust access to VBA project object model" under Developer Macro Settings.

quit, save, reopen

#NAME? still appeared when in the cell where I had the VBA function in use.

2) I did same as step 1 above Except check on "Enable all macros" under Macro Settings.

PROBLEM SOLVED!(y) THANK YOU

Upvote 0
I ran into this same issue, but the above did not help. Make sure your Module does not have the same name as your Function. This confuses Excel...

Upvote 0
I had this problem. I renamed the module and saved the file. Still saw #NAME . Then i closed the file and reopened it and the function worked.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back