Opening workbook and closing original wb probs

jgoulart

Board Regular
I have a workbook that I use as a launch pad basically. When it is run or executed it has a default screen that says "You must have macros enabled for this file to run" and the rest of the sheets are hidden and the workbook is protected. I have code on open that checks for the presence of a password and username in a separate database and if it checks out (using a predefined algorithym in the "launcher" wb) if it fail it opens a userform that asks for pass and will allow them 5 tries before closing worbook. If it passes it will open the "main" workbook and the on open code of the main wb will do the same pass check and once it does it will close the launcher wb. My problem is that is crashed every time that the "main" wb tried to call a separate wb. The thing I can't understand is that initially I had both wb's (main, launcher) so the properties wouldn't allow you to view code without pw. I unpassword protected the main file and repassword protected the main file and it started working. Is this going to be something that will work sometimes and sometimes not? Is this a worthless way of doing this?

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harryls

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back