Mysterious macro(s)....

shanefowlkes

I'm sure this is pretty common but I'm not exactl sure what to search for. I copied a few sheets from an existing workbook that had macros into a NEW blank workbook. No cells or sheets are linked to the original file and everytime I open the new workbook, I'm prompted to "Enable or Disable macros..etc.." even though this new file doesn't seem to contain any VBA. I looked under Tools >> Macros and none are listed in the workbook. I even used the VBA toolbar and looked for any VBA modules or events that could be associated with this new file and nothing was found.

Any ideas on how to get rid of this prompt?

Thanks!

(Excel 2000)

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
I have this problem with a lot of workbooks I get sent. There's no real code on the book, but usually some event subroutines somewhere.

Follow these instructions, I hope they'll help

1. Open Excel
2. Press ALT+F11 to open the VBE
3. In the VBA project window you'll see all of the sheetnames for the workbook listed there, plus one for "ThisWorkbook".
4. Double click on the icon for the first sheet. If there is any text in the window that appears then delete it.
5. Repeat step 4 for all of the sheets listed, plus "ThisWorkbook"

HTH

Upvote 0
Thanks. No luck. Every single sheet in the VBA editor had nothing associated with it nor did the WB.

D'oh!

Great forum by the way. Now if only one of these existed for that troublesome MS Word....

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back