Need easy to do Hyperlinks in excel

Rick M

I have a workbook with multiple sheets. I want to hyperlink (ex.. sheet1 cell B8 to sheet 2 cell B8 and then sheet 2 B8 to sheet 1 B8. This way I can add large comments related to each line.
The big problem is I have 334 rows I need to cross reference like this. It would take forever one at a time.
ANY IDEAS?

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
On 2002-04-12 07:22, Rick M wrote:
I have a workbook with multiple sheets. I want to hyperlink (ex.. sheet1 cell B8 to sheet 2 cell B8 and then sheet 2 B8 to sheet 1 B8. This way I can add large comments related to each line.
The big problem is I have 334 rows I need to cross reference like this. It would take forever one at a time.
ANY IDEAS?

Hi Rick,

in sheet1 cell B8 :

insert
hyperlink
named location in file
browse
browse from : sheet name : B8
select sheet2
hit "ok"
hit "ok"

cell B8, sheet 1 should now display "sheet2!B8" in blue, underlined - ie your hyperlink

just copy and paste down your 344 rows

now you can type your comments in as and when. If however, you already have a list of comments, copy the comment range, right click your first hyperlink, paste special, values and the comments will become the actual link description (dunno if this is what you wanted)

repeat this process for sheet2 hyperlinking back to sheet1

By the way, if you try this process whilst reading this post, make sure the hyperlink wizard thing doesn't put this board's URL in the hyperlink box when it pops up : if it does, just delete it to blank at the end of the process.

edit - total time start to finish should be around 2 minutes
This message was edited by Chris Davison on 2002-04-13 06:56

Upvote 0
Thanks for the response Chris, however it doesn't work properly (if I did it right). the link says (sheet2!b8,sheet2!b9,etc....) but the link is always going to sheet2!B8 only?????

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back