Pivot Table, duplicated data

PaulB

I use pivot tables to gather sales data from Access via MSQuery and display for all sales staff. I keep getting redundant data in a field. i.e. I have a column for periods 1 to 12 and currently am at period 7. For some reason I am recently seeing each prd number duplicated when I select the field for this column as if I'm going to supress data. I can supress the duplicates but why am I getting them? Anyone help?
This also happens if I had data for a specific area in say the Area column, which now no longer exists in the data within Access, but the pivot table still seems to think that the heading is still there, albeit with blank data.

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
Hi Paul,

no replies so I'll stick my oar in

I seem to remember something similar posted a few weeks ago and the answer suggested (again in desperation) was to recreate the pivot from scratch on a new sheet.......

Upvote 0
Chris,

Thanks very much for your reply. Yep, I think your right, it's the only way I can see to correct the problem, and as you'd expect, no duplicates in the new pivot table??
Anyone else explain why this happens?

PaulB

Upvote 0
Thought I posted a question and forgot about it! Two Paul B’s on the board, mine with a space yours without. Paul B

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeerMan23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back