Marco needed - should be simple

heather

Two sheet workbook. Sheet A is a form that fills in customer information based on a drop down box that they select from (cell J4). The drop down box is just a customer number and depending on what they select it fills in the detail - customer name, etc. The user has one blank field in the form to fill in. It's a date (cell c14).

I want a macro that will look at the drop down box (sheetA!J4) to see what they selected and then go to Sheet B and find that customer number (number is listed in column B [a whole bunch of them]) and then place the date in column C next to the right customer number.

I want a macro to do this since I have a macro that prints out an agreement based on the customer and would like to combine it with my other so that the user has it easy.

Can someone help? I have gotten a kick out of VBA and am very green but have had fun learning some of it. I plan to purchase a book this weekend to help with the rest of the project. Thanks!

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Hello friend.

Something to the same effect was posted earley in last week.I suggest you look in the archives,there might be something interesting waqiting to be found.

Thnks

Gareth Lombard
Ŏ¿Ŏ⌐

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back