Dynamic Hyperlink Based on Cell value

HolyLemon

Is there a way to create a hyperlink that is dynamically linked to a cell value, in which the cell value points to a cell reference within a worksheet, and that when the value is changed can point to a different cell reference.

I am looking for a way to create a hyperlink without using Macros. I have a column (P) in a worksheet called Annual Review. Everything in column P is an automaticly generated Row number referencing the customers details on the other worksheet "MGP4" So if in P2 on "Annual Review" it says 43. I know that the Customers Details can be found on line 43 on worksheet "MGP4".

Im looking for a way to make it a hyperlink but as a formula so i can copy it down, there are several thousand entries on both worksheets.

If anyone can help me or has any questions i would be very grateful.

Thanks,
Harry

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
Not able to use it. Can you please cross check? Also would like to understand where are we comparing Column A of Sheet1 with Column B of Sheet2 here?

Upvote 0
This:

MATCH(A1,Sheet2!B:B,FALSE)

returns the row number on Sheet2 where the value in A1 appears in column B. I checked the formula before posting it.

Upvote 0
Hi there urgent help, is there a way to make an automatic hyperlink???
Lets say on a column i Want to hyperlink very cell thats contains the name "juan", so overtime the word "juan" appears it redirects me to a specific document...

Upvote 0
Ok, This works great. I use it to link a cell value into search bars of online retail sites, but I've hit some snags with a few. I usually type a search into their box then copy/edit the url into the formula on my sheet. This works fine for most but on some sites I get caught with searchers like .com/?target=search&mode which I have yet to find a workable edit that can bypass the original keyword I used with the cell value. Other ones I get stuck on are the sites that are encoded as such .com/search.php?encode=YTo0OntzOjg6ImtleXdvcmRzIjtzOjY6Im or sites that perform their searches in secondary pop-up windows. Would anyone here know how to solve any, if not all of these little hang-ups? I would like to do this without the use of VB if possible for now. The method I am currently using is =hyperlink("website.com/?search="&$B$3&","Site Name") and it works fine for most except for a few as mentioned.
Here are a few of the links I am having trouble with for example.

Golden Lagoon Collector | Lowest priced, New Transformers 3rd Party MP
Agabyss.com
x2oToys - Malaysia No 1 3rd Party Transformers Shop

Thanks in advance for your time and any help you can offer.

-Gus

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi,

a related question. On pressing the hyperlink, I would like it to goto cell E5 on another sheet named 'MGP4' and input value given in P2 in that cell i.e. E5. Also, I would like numerous such hyperlinks in the present sheet.....pressing any of them will lead to the value being input in cell E5 of MGP4.

thanks in advance!

Upvote 0
Hi Ian,

is it possible that when the hyperlink is pressed, it goes to the destination cell and enters a specific text in a desired cell...say P5. The desired text is already entered in cell B4.

thanks in advance.

best regards,

Khalid

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi,

On pressing the hyperlink, I would like to go to cell E5 on another sheet named 'MGP4' and input value given in P2 in that cell i.e. E5. Also, I would like numerous such hyperlinks in the file.....pressing any of them will lead to the value being input in cell E5 of MGP4.

thanks in advance!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back