Dynamic Hyperlink Based on Cell value

HolyLemon

Is there a way to create a hyperlink that is dynamically linked to a cell value, in which the cell value points to a cell reference within a worksheet, and that when the value is changed can point to a different cell reference.

I am looking for a way to create a hyperlink without using Macros. I have a column (P) in a worksheet called Annual Review. Everything in column P is an automaticly generated Row number referencing the customers details on the other worksheet "MGP4" So if in P2 on "Annual Review" it says 43. I know that the Customers Details can be found on line 43 on worksheet "MGP4".

Im looking for a way to make it a hyperlink but as a formula so i can copy it down, there are several thousand entries on both worksheets.

If anyone can help me or has any questions i would be very grateful.

Thanks,
Harry

Good Morning,

I would like to hyperlink cell D12 of sheet1 to where the information was entered on sheet2 (column A:A), based on the value of A12. The data on sheet2 could have been entered anywhere in column A. Below is a formula from several threads that I attempted to alter, but cannot get it to faction correctly. Please help?

=HYPERLINK("#sheet2!A:A"&MATCH('sheet1'!A12,'sheet2'!A:A,0))

Thank You!

-Rob

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
Good Morning,

I would like to hyperlink cell D12 of sheet1 to where the information was entered on sheet2 (column A:A), based on the value of A12. The data on sheet2 could have been entered anywhere in column A. Below is a formula from several threads that I attempted to alter, but cannot get it to faction correctly. Please help?

=HYPERLINK("#sheet2!A:A"&MATCH('sheet1'!A12,'sheet2'!A:A,0))

Thank You!

-Rob

Is there a way to take the hyperlink from one cell in a sheet in another excel workbook and the text you would like to appear in the cell from another cell rather than entering in the text that you would like to appear?

Upvote 0
Hi,

If the sheet name is dynamic how we can give a cell reference instead of "#MGP4!". Friendly name also dynamic.

=HYPERLINK("#MGP4!A"&P2),"MGP4")

Upvote 0
Maybe I am just dense, but this doesn't work for me as for others. (a) Why is there a letter "A" in this formula -- I never saw it in the question asked. Is this a presumption that this is worksheet A in workbook named MGP4, and if so what does the # sign mean? I think the users on this site are way beyond me, though I have been using Excel for several decades. Thanks in advance.

=HYPERLINK("#MGP4!A"&P2)

You can add a second argument for the text to display if you want.[/QUOTE]

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrauni

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back