Power pivot question

Plqk

I'm not entirely sure I need t post this question here, and I could not find anything on the internet so here goes...

I was trying the Power Pivot add in, and I'm pretty confident I'm doing everything right... I find the data I need, I get it loaded, but when I try to make a pivot table out of it, I get the following error:

============================
Error Message:

Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC

Call Stack:

Server stack trace:

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.PivotCache.CreatePivotTable(Object TableDestination, Object TableName, Object ReadData, Object DefaultVersion)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.FieldList.GeminiRibbon.CreatePivot(PivotCache cache, Worksheet workSheet, Int32 rowIndex, Int32 colIndex, Object pivotVersion, SASlicerHost slicerHost)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.FieldList.GeminiRibbon.InsertPivot(String sandboxConnectionString, String location, String cubeName, MultiObjectsReportType reportType)

The data set is small (only about 100 rows) and the data is not corruped in any way (its just numbers). I am running on Windows 7 ,Excel 2010 and the latest Power Pivot download .

Anyone got any ideas?

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
I am encountering exactly the same problem. I am also running on Windows 7 ,Excel 2010 and the latest Power Pivot download .
But my dataset (fact table) is large, it is 7 711 210 records (which successfully load into powerpivot).
However I cannot create a pivot table.

The command was canceled. Please press F1 to get the help topc "Excel Window: PowerPivot Field List" for more details.

details:
Error Message:

Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC
Call Stack:

Server stack trace:

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.PivotCache.CreatePivotTable(Object TableDestination, Object TableName, Object ReadData, Object DefaultVersion)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.FieldList.GeminiRibbon.CreatePivot(PivotCache cache, Worksheet workSheet, Int32 rowIndex, Int32 colIndex, Object pivotVersion, SASlicerHost slicerHost)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.FieldList.GeminiRibbon.InsertPivot(String sandboxConnectionString, String location, String cubeName, MultiObjectsReportType reportType)

Upvote 0
I just found the solution on another forum. This error occurs when the Excel workbook has opened in compatability mode. Go to File menu, select compatability mode and convert. Then you can start again with importing the data into powerpivot.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmjmjmjmjmjm

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back