PowerPivot and Office 2010 version problems?

I was running PowerPivot on a laptop with Office 2010 beta for a while, then power pivot "expired" A fresh download gives various technical messages that I have seen in other blogs. I guess the later release of pp does not work with office beta.
At work IT upgraded my machine - still office 2010 - now power pivot does not work. The pp menu bar looks like Excel 2007 i.e. no tabs, just File, Edit etc, and no functionality. I see hints that I need to match versions. But which versions and where to get them. Running XP SP3, .net 3.5 SP1 Office 2010 pro, 32bit, pp 32 bit downloaded yesterday. Office 2007 is co-resident, but it was before. Any direction would be welcome.

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
The pp menu bar looks like Excel 2007 i.e. no tabs, just File, Edit etc, and no functionality.

Can you clarify that? As far as I am aware PP on Win XP uses an old-style menu system, not the ribbon. Don't really know why.

Upvote 0
Thank you. It had been a while since I played with it and in between I had looked at books and videos, all presenting the ribbon menu and was thrown off by the different interface. Have successfully linked, pasted and imported since your welcome advice.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arle8907

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back