Drop down menu does not work.

Marq

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi there! I have a workbook that is having an issue with drop down menu's. When I click in a cell the little drop down arrow appears and when I go to click on the drop down arrow nothing happens. The drop down list does not appear.

BUT.......if I click in the cell and right click and chose "pick from list" the list will then appear.

Why is this happening? Why does the drop down list not appear when I click on the arrow but only work if I chose the "pick from list" ???

I need the drop down arrow to work

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
It maybe that someone has added a control and you have to tell excel that you don't want to work in design mode. I would look to see if there is a design mode option in your version of Excel

Would be useful to let us know what version of Excel you are using

Upvote 0
Try and look to see if you have a control box toolbar and if there is an icon that has a design mode.

Its been a while since I looked at 2000.

Upvote 0
Have you tried the button then to see if this helps you?

Upvote 0
yes...it does nothing..i understand how to make drop downs and other things like that, but this workbook was given to me to fix..i did not create it.....and I never created a drop down menu embedded in a cell before. Click on the cell and the arrows reveals itsel is something i never learned how to do so I have no idea how to reverse engineer it so-to-speak.

Upvote 0
let me ask...if the drop down list is coming from an entirely different workbook, which I do not have on my pc, would that make the drop down arrow not work? But i that WAS the case then I wouldnt be able to chose "pick from list" and chose items int he list.

I'm just guessing as to what the problem can be. This work book is linked to other workbooks.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back