PLEASE HELP ignorant student!

LMF

Board Regular
can anyone read this reply?

how come my post is gone???

:(

Cool! But how do I get the data that I have entered on the beautiful form I have created, across into a table on the next sheet so that I can 'collect' all my entries and do calculations on it...?!!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
sorry Jeanie, but without even a little snippet of VBA i'm not sure that would be possible.

Formula alone cannot write to other cells. The only other perceivable way of doing it is to have formula in sheet 2 to pick up the values from your "worksheet-form", but there would be no way for the formula to remember old values that were previously in the form.

But if you can get away with just a little VBA then you can easily wire up your form to your data sheet. Otherwise, use access (as you say) or use the built in data form.

Why can't you use VBA - thats screwy. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Just to get you started, from the mentioned Forms toolbar, place an option button on the worksheet. Now right click on the button and goto |Format Control. Hit the control tab on the now opened dialogue box, click in Linked Cell. now click on the cell you'd like to put the value from your option button, this can be on any sheet.

Also, you could look at the buttons on the |Control Toolbox. to link cells from these type of controls, again Right-Click on the control you have and select |Properties|Linked Cell, you'll have to type the link in.

I don't know if your thinking of trying to fill in the form on 1 sheet and have a list on the other, i.e. from many times of filling in the form, sort one under the other. Unfortunatly youe NEED to use code for this.
BUT! if you want to create a form the does calculations from various inputs then your on to a winner.

Any of this any help?? if you need more just ask.

Upvote 0
Thanks guys for all your help, at least the experts have now told me that I can't do it otherwise I would have carried on and eventually gone insane! I will have to try it without code - my tutor would notice despite the temptation!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
audette89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back