Mircosoft Query

brettvba

MrExcel MVP
If the Data gets refreshed at the start of a macro for Excel does the macro wait for the data to be refreshed before continuing??

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
If Script ripps data via ODBC then YES will continue after the download is compleated and carry on with Macro..

BUt depends on exact VBA code of cause, this would be safest call off cause.. ie get the dat the work on it

Upvote 0
Jack i'm only doing an
activeworkbook.refreshall
then I want to wait for it to finish before continuing the rest of the macro?

Upvote 0
refresh is more or less the save over / under ODBC if thats waht your using even crystal used MS ODBC drivers and Query, so should hang until compleated,

Can i ask where its going wrong?

Upvote 0
I won't to make sure the data is refreshed first so that it's up to date but what is happinging

is that the keeps going on its way while the little earth at the bottom of the screen is still spinning and updating the information.

I just need some kind of code to pause for a specified amount of time without pausing the application(So it keeps updating)?

Upvote 0
The spinning globe world is as ODBC ripps data into excel so alls ok then when finished code will continue im sure so will be live current data.

all seems ok

On 2002-04-16 13:27, brettvba wrote:
I won't to make sure the data is refreshed first so that it's up to date but what is happinging

is that the keeps going on its way while the little earth at the bottom of the screen is still spinning and updating the information.

I just need some kind of code to pause for a specified amount of time without pausing the application(So it keeps updating)?

Upvote 0
exactly thats what my prev post says... ODBC will hold VBA script if ODBC is in code to rip data bfrom bespoke GLOBE hangs to allow data transfer intio excel, THEN code will continue/

Upvote 0
I know what your saying jack thats what I thought it would do as well it is refreshing about 5 sheets some take up to a minute to refresh and I have watched the code executing while the tables are still refreshing I guess its back to the drawing board

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back