Toolbar help sought! (Resolved)

Jak

In Excel I go to customized, new menu and drag the new menu to the toolbar. Once the new menu is in place I go to macro and drag and drop several buttons to make the menu a drop down menu for the macros. Once this is done I assign each button a name and then assign the relevant macro to the button.

This is straight forward enough, but is a little long winded when it has to be done to a large number of PC’s. I have saved my personal.xls and have a .bat file that loads it onto each PC to allow access to the macros and update them as required. What would be better is a method of loading a drop down menu to the Excel toolbar with macro’s assigned. Please note I do not wish to load a saved workbook with the macro menu built in to the On_Open function. The method should be built into Excel or a .bat method if possible. Any ideas on how to tackle this problem would be welcomed.
This message was edited by Jak on 2002-05-15 06:27

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
Hi Mark

have you got an example of using the add in function to create a toolbar?

Upvote 0
I'm curious.

Why no On_Open? When it's a personal.xls file, user's aren't prompted for macros...

Upvote 0
Please note I do not wish to load a saved workbook with the macro menu built in to the On_Open function

i understand but on-open is dangerouse via Personal xls, many IT dept crunch these as they are used via virus code writters, i only to day passage saying what i though of free anti virus OK most was Excel leant but proove my pont. no i will never explain theis, but suggest against this one. Anyone telling different needs to have virus experience, bar one attack

my youngest son needs me 13 months ill update this more later

Upvote 0
Create your toolbar and save it in a separate workbook.

Then at the user's pc, attach your toolbar to their personal.xls file.

Upvote 0
Thanks guys for all your insight. I think I will go for the add-ins methodology to solve the problem.

Upvote 0
Also take a look at the Menumakr download on Chip Pearson's site, should do most of what you want to do.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alex78

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back