Tracking running times

chctdnh

I need to be able to enter times that Excel will see as race times, not time of day. I need to go to the hundredths of seconds position and use them in a formula to calculate total and average. All I can find in the provided formats relate to time of day. I have thought of using different columns for each, minutes, seconds and hundredths, then using MODE (?) for the total of seconds to get the remainder to add to the minute column, but haven't worked on it yet, hoping Excel would have something built in. Any help?
Thanks,

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
Try using a custom format such as [mm]:ss.00 (I'm asuming the races won't go into hours, if they do use [hh]:mm:ss.00). To enter a custom format, click on Format-Cells, select the Custom entry and type in the above.

Upvote 0
On 2002-02-23 13:05, Mudface wrote:
Try using a custom format such as [mm]:ss.00 (I'm asuming the races won't go into hours, if they do use [hh]:mm:ss.00). To enter a custom format, click on Format-Cells, select the Custom entry and type in the above.

And use AVERAGE, SUM, MAX etc on the range formatted as Mudface suggests. Of course you need to apply the same custom formatting to cells where you do such calculations.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadMarty

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back