Excel 2010 - pop up message clipboard cannot be emptied

Hipporay

My company just installed Windows 2010 and we are using Excel 2010. After a few times of copy/paste, a pop up comes up that the clipboard cannot be emptied. another program might be using the clipboard.

I've tried looking in Options, Add-Ins, COM Add-Ins - nothing is displayed to "uncheck".

Any ideas? Thank you!

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
Hi,

I googled the problem 'clipboard cannot be emptied' and there are many unsolved posts for all versions of Excel.
I can't find anything on the microsoft websites but it seems any application that monitors the clipboard may cause the problem.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply. I've tried that already and the pop up still continues.

Further, I've unchecked all boxes in File - Options - Advanced - "Cut, Copy, Paste" (Show Paste Options button when content is pasted, Show Insert Options buttons, Cut, copy, and sort inserted objects with their parent cells).

I've also tried leaving "Cut, copy, and sort inserted objects with their parent cells" checked and we still get the pop up message.

Upvote 0
Checking with IT dept. for them to research and will get back to you if it's another program. Thank you!

Upvote 0
I forwarded the links, but the IT Dept. was not able to resolve it and is not going to be contacting Microsoft at this time.
Thank you for your help

Upvote 0
As per an earlier reply, I copied and pasted some cells and got the error. I shutdown Tight VNC service, copied and pasted and did not get the error. Thanks, daverunt! :)

Upvote 0
It may be the Windows 7 snipping tool - I removed my problem by opening the snipping tool, selecting options and unticking "always copy snips to the clipboard"

My company just installed Windows 2010 and we are using Excel 2010. After a few times of copy/paste, a pop up comes up that the clipboard cannot be emptied. another program might be using the clipboard.

I've tried looking in Options, Add-Ins, COM Add-Ins - nothing is displayed to "uncheck".

Any ideas? Thank you!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back